Introducing….Mrs. Amy Wittig!
Mrs. Wittig is beginning her tenth year here at St. Pius X School! She is known for her creativity that inspires her third grade students to think outside the box. Her students love so many things about their school day, the most popular being "Storytime" and the life she brings to the characters! The kids adore her and her love of animals which is incorporated in her teaching methods. St. Pius X is beyond grateful for wonderful, devoted educators like Mrs. Wittig, we know you'll love her just as much as we do!
Let's play 20 questions!
1) Name: Amy Wittig
2) What is your position at St Pius X? 3rd Grade Teacher
3) How long have you been at Pius? Starting 10th year
4) What is your (work) spirit animal? Squirrel
5) Who helped you get where you are today? And How?
My mom always said I could do whatever I put my mind to!
6) You're hosting a dinner party. You can invite 3 guests (alive or dead, real or fiction). Who will you invite?
Princess Diana so she can give me fashion advice, teach me to talk British, and let me try on her jewelry. Bob Ross so I can paint some happy trees with him. Jane Goodall because I once saw her speak. Before she had even reached the podium to begin speaking, the audience gave her a standing ovation. It was a powerful moment. I would serve Mexican food and strawberry cake.
7) Which person are you?
Pretty much any animal. I LOVE animals!
8) What is your favorite thing to do in Tulsa?
Go Thrifting and Antiquing
9) My "at bat" song would be...
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
10) This store has a great deal of my money!
My vet and dog groomer - 5 pets is expensive!
11) A previous staff member of Pius that you miss working with and/or had an influence on you?
Marilyn Lippard- She is the definition of kindness.
12) What is the one thing at which you are a true expert?
Overthinking pretty much everything and baking pumpkin oat muffins
13) Best Movie Ever!
When Harry Met Sally
14) Social Media...
15) People say I look like..
When I was little...Shirley Temple. I had crazy curly blonde hair. (I also felt like I was completely up to the task of singing and dancing and becoming a star. Hollywood must have had a different opinion...)
16) Top thing on your "bucket list"
Rent an RV (that I don't have to drive) and go see all the U.S. National Parks.
17) Something we don't know about you.
I keep my Christmas tree up year-round and change the ornaments out whenever I get the itch. (Vintage ornaments found when thrifting make me do a happy dance.)
18) Which one are you? ~ Before COVID :)
19) You win the lottery tomorrow.....what's the first thing you would do?
Create an all-in-one amazing living facility for assisted living residents, artists, and abandoned animals. In my dream, they would all bring out the best in each other. (And one of those animals would definitely be a rescue pig. I really want a pet pig.) P.S. - I would have Merritt's Bakery drop off oodles of desserts every day for all of us there.
20) What is your favorite thing about working at St. Pius X?
Being part of a community who all want the same goal of growing healthy and educated kiddos who know and love Jesus.